Friday, December 30, 2011

If you've noticed my stream of posts lately...

You will notice I have been referring you guys and gals over to some great eco conscience blogs. For some reason, I am in love with the fluffiness and softness of cloth diapers. I have been thinking lately of using cloth diapers as a pre -step to panties for my 2 year old. She loves going potty in the big toilet and small "Cheer for me Potty" we have. Though, she loves the squishy "duck themed" potty seat that sits upon the big toilet the best. I think she loves the softness of the seat and perhaps maybe its the fact she gets to climb up and use the step stool. She's also a self-starter which I'm proud of. It might be because she's the 3rd child and has 3 big examples for her. (myself and her 2 big sisters) Or, it may just be an individual thing. Who knows? She also spends most of her day in disposable diapers as well, and I don't like the straps digging into her thighs even occasionally, so I'd rather her be in something soft. So I guess my answer to potty training this time around, if I have my way, is to transition her into cloth diaper "panties" since they're nice and soft when dry, and uncomfortable when wet. This type of potty training would be ideal. No messes on my carpet that I have to steam vac repeatedly, no lining my couch with pee pee pad protectors. But of course, the caveat: Just for potty training, it will be expensive. Probably between $100- $200. So, of course, I'm entering all the cloth diaper giveaways I can find.

No comments: